Summer in the City

by - July 20, 2017


The Middle East Plus Size Fashion Bloggers are finally coming together to launch our first outfit collaboration! The #MEPSBloggers have decided to create a stylish summer-inspired lookbook, featuring the different trends of this "mucho caliente" season!

Launching this community in November 2016 has had its challenges and stagnant moments but hopefully with this first collaboration, we will be able to get the ball rolling as we post more inspiring articles and lookbooks.

Our beautiful plus size bloggers featured in this first edition are all from different backgrounds, which will only enrich this post. It is a kaleidoscope of outfits that resonates with the diversity of each of our cultures and our lifestyles in the cities we live in. Here are our favorite summer trends...



 // LOOK [01] //  HANANE FATHALLAH
THE BOHEMIAN MIDI DRESS
"The print is such a delicate, feminine, modest floral print in earth tones. It reminds me of the peasant style dress and traditional Levantine clothes. Its design and colors recall a warm middle eastern culture just like summer!"
Boohoo MENA Dress • Call it Spring Peep-toe Booties


 // LOOK [02] //  NAIRA GHANEM
THE TROPICAL KIMONO
"Who said plus size can't go casual? Kimonos all summer long!"

An effortless casual look crowned by this gorgeous printed long-line kimono, to stroll in comfort and style in the beautiful streets of London.
Warehouse Kimono /  Primark Jeans / Converse Shoes / River Island Sunglasses


 // LOOK [03] //  ALINE CHIRINIAN
THE FLORAL MAXI DRESS
"Ever since my friend told me to save the date for her wedding, I was excited but nervous to find a proper dress. I wanted something that was one bold color, like royal blue or emerald green, but I couldn't find anything that I liked. As I almost gave up with finding a dress at Macy's, my cousin spotted this one and said "What about this?" I said "Yeah... I guess."
Once I put it on, I knew it was the one! As for accessories, I wore funky earrings and rings.
For shoes, I wore my current favorite sandals from Stradivarius that are gorgeous and comfy!"
City Chic USA
Dress (via Macy's)
Stradivarius Shoes / ASOS Bag / I am Accessories Earrings / Ananda Venice Sunglasses


 // LOOK [04] //  NERMEEN NASEF
THE CHAMBRAY JACKET
"Whether you are on a tight budget or feeling uninspired, a good place to start looking is not the shops but in your own wardrobe! You might be surprised how you can re-purpose your old clothes. Gems waiting to be restyled into new outfits. I found this old chambray jacket and it totally complements this vibrant pink top and busy floral scarf. Summer chillin' ♡"
F21+
Chambray Shirt


 // LOOK [05] //  SABRIN AL-SUBAIHI
THE CARMEN DRESS
"Carmen dresses are totally a summer trend this year, even for a size 18 like me! I paired this beautiful apricot dress with sparkling shoes and a clutch bag."
Boohoo Dress / ASOS Shoes / Primark Clutch


 // LOOK [06] //  NARIMENE MILOUDI
THE BARDOT TOP
"Why is this a perfect summer outfit?
Because the bright colors and the Spanish-Arabic style of it remind me of the long warm summer nights and joyful moments. A refreshing look!"
C&A Bardot Top / Primark Trousers / H&M Shoes / C&A Scarf


 // LOOK [07] //  MAI AL-SAUDI
LILAC BLUE & NEUTRALS
Our mama-to-be Mai is wearing a long-line cardigan in lilac blue, a cooling color for those summer nights. She accentuates her look with neutral tones and sparkly slippers.
Choice GCC Cardigan / EVANS Pants / Milano Slippers / H&M Bag



 // LOOK [08] //  RACHA HAJLAOUI
THE FLORAL TOP
"Summer for me means joyful colors, that’s why I picked this floral lovely top that covers a bit of my
arms (which I don’t like that much) from RIU and a warm beige pants from United Benetton. I am
wearing a pair of my favourite luxury shoes from Prada: they are super comfortable and chic.
As for my accessories, I picked two bracelets: one of them I bought while I was in Hammamet, a popular tourist destination in Tunisia. My Mango bag and trusty sunglasses to complete this floral feminine look!"

RIU Floral Top / United Colors of Benetton Pants
Prada Shoes / Mango Bag / Sonia Rykiel Sunglasses



Eight beautiful different look! What's your favorite summer trend?

If you'd like to see more up-to-date, don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Do You Need Business/Personal Finance?
    Borrow from $2,000 to $250,000 or more with 2% interest low rate, over 1 to 15 years duration. apply if interested via Email: franchisecapitalcorps@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete